Umbrella Insurance in California
If you are looking for excess liability insurance, consider umbrella insurance. It protects your RV, watercraft, auto, and homeowners’ insurance policies beyond your normal liability limits. We offer umbrella insurance here at Crown Reinas Insurance Agency in Los Angeles, CA. Umbrella insurance is also considered asset protection as it protects you if a lawsuit were to be filed against you.
Umbrella Insurance Requirements
Umbrella insurance is not legally required in California. However, it is highly recommended that you purchase this policy if you have a lot of assets.
Umbrella Insurance Coverage
Umbrella insurance coverage is essential because it extends your other insurance policies when those limits have been reached.
Here are some examples of when umbrella insurance would kick in:
- You cause a boating or auto accident- If you drive a car or boating accident, you could get in big trouble, significantly if many people are injured. Your boat or auto insurance policy would kick in first and cover damages up to the limit. Your umbrella insurance would then cover you after the other policies have been maxed out.
- You injure another person by accident- If you or someone in your family injure another person, your umbrella insurance policy will cover damages when you exhaust your home or auto insurance.
- Your teenager is sued- If your teenager posts a derogatory comment on social media and the parents sue you, your umbrella insurance would cover legal fees.
Here’s what umbrella insurance covers:
- Bodily injury that you cause to others.
- Property damage that you cause.
- Legal fees to defend you.
- Accidents that occur outside of the country.
- Libel, slander, and defamation lawsuits.
Get a Quote
To receive an umbrella insurance quote, please call Crown Reinas Insurance Agency today. We are located in Los Angeles, CA.